3 way calling feature - wait for connect on line 2

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
28 posts Page 1 of 3
by Jahn Ballard » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:55 pm
it limits my options to have to wait for the the 2nd to answer

want to initiate the 3 way call while line 2 is ringer - as others Comcast and ATT do

please

;- )
by dane » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Unfortunately this isn't possible, three-way calling implementation is native in the switch itself.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ejg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:39 am
Hi Dane,

The only way to know exactly what features are available for voice is to either read your blog, look at the labs page, look at the sales page or guess. After guessing what is available, the next thing is to guess how to use it. My recommendation is to have a voice feature page available under the voice tab of the members page. It will be easy to get to and help members know what is available.

Real example. I needed 3-way calling last week, tried it, nothing happened. So I consulted my members page, didn't see it and assumed it hadn't been implemented on the switch. Now I read the forums to find out one cannot link both lines during ringing...very important to know but not easy to find.

Also, it affords a way to let users know when changes have taken place, e.g. names now appearing with CallerID (thanks...very appreciated).

Hope this helps.

Liz
by dane » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Yes, we're working on updating the voice features on the Fusion sales page, and will be sending an email to all Fusion customers to let them know about the new features like call forwarding, caller ID with name, etc.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm
Kelsey just updated our Wiki with new voice features and updates:

https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Fusion_Voice_FAQ

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by paulbarwick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:56 pm
That was a very helpful list on the Wiki. One question:
*272 turns on a high-pitched (1004 Hz) tone on your line.
How does one turn off the tone?
by virtualmike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 pm
paulbarwick wrote:How does one turn off the tone?
Simple--hang up.
by scottbowie » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:36 pm
The Wiki still doesn't explain how to utilize 3-way calling feature. Maybe becuase I didn't use a landline phone for about 5 years, but I actually don't know how to use it....can this please be added to the Wiki? Thanks!
by virtualmike » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 am
scottbowie wrote:The Wiki still doesn't explain how to utilize 3-way calling feature. Maybe becuase I didn't use a landline phone for about 5 years, but I actually don't know how to use it....can this please be added to the Wiki? Thanks!
While waiting for the edits to the wiki, here are the steps for a 3-way call:

1. Get the first party on the line (you call him/her, or s/he calls you).
2. Tell him/her to hold on.
3. Flash the switchhook (about 1/2 second). (Some phones have a flash button; on Nortel phones, it's called "Link.")
4. After the dial tone, dial the second number.
5a. When the second party answers, flash again to reconnect the first party.
-or-
5b. If the second party doesn't answer or there's a busy signal, the second flash will disconnect and return to the first call.
6. Assuming 5a above, the second party can be dropped from the call by flashing one more time.
by Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:16 am
Thank you for positing the instructions for three-way calling. I just used this to setup a business conference call! Can someone at sonic.net add this to the Wiki - https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Fusion_Voice_FAQ? I couldn't find it there.
28 posts Page 1 of 3