3 way calling feature - wait for connect on line 2

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
28 posts Page 3 of 3
by dane » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm
toast0 wrote:No caller id, but this does have message waiting... http://www.cortelco.com/2500-27M.html

I think the problem with the DECT basestation idea is that the expansion handsets are too expensive (when I wanted to go from 2 handsets to 4, it was cheaper to buy a 6 handset set and give away the 2 handset set).
One thought I had was to give away a basic land-line, but then offer folks recommended wireless sets - likely Panasonic, which might just be links to Amazon for fulfillment. But gotta be without voicemail on the phone, else it's rather confusing because Fusion includes voicemail.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aw » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:46 pm
dane wrote: But gotta be without voicemail on the phone, else it's rather confusing because Fusion includes voicemail.
Been doing some research on cordless phones for the in-laws, looking at the panasonics specifically. One of their requirements is actually a built-in answering machine, even though they have fusion, because with fusion voicemail you can't screen your calls. Don't know how many people actually do that anymore?
by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 pm
aw wrote:
dane wrote: But gotta be without voicemail on the phone, else it's rather confusing because Fusion includes voicemail.
think Dane probably forgot to mention "and can be enabled and disabled in the Member Tools"
line #1 https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Voice_Mail
by dane » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 pm
Guest wrote:
aw wrote:
think Dane probably forgot to mention "and can be enabled and disabled in the Member Tools"
line #1 https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Voice_Mail
Maybe voicemail setup could be on by default - with the email or SMS notifications, etc. Idea would be to encourage customers to set it up as they wanted it, load the iPhone app if they'd like, etc.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm
dane wrote:My initial idea was to give away what was basically a Trimline phone - a $15 corded phone with caller ID. But they are pretty poorly reviewed in general ...
Several months ago, I saw several that fit that description, but it's almost like the market dried up on cheap corded feature phones. There are a few with a deathstar logo that get decent reviews in other venues, but I've avoided suggesting those. :roll:
by dane » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:28 pm
:evil:
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ankh » Sun May 13, 2018 9:29 am
Came late to this thread but it'd be wonderful if Sonic could offer provide a basic phone already programmed with a "spambot" button on it. That would be well worth paying for, given the current plague of spambot calls with forged IDs.

I know it's an old idea but maybe its time is coming back?

(At home now we use a DECT 6.0 base station and remotes from an estate sale -- ATnT logo, I'd guess Panasonic but no manufacturer label. Turned the answering machine feature off so Sonic records voicemails (the recorded answering message in the former owner's elder-lady voice is charming so I saved it).

As suggested elsewhere
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5779&view=unread&s ... 70b#unread automating the process for initiating a three-way call to connect the spambot to a reply-bot then dropping the call and leaving the bots talking to each other would be ideal for those spambots that are getting past whatever filter Sonic applies.
by ankh » Sun May 13, 2018 10:52 am
with fusion voicemail you can't screen your calls
This is actually quite an annoyance for us. It would be great if there's any way to implement it either with Fusion (which we are on now) or with the new fiber system.

I'm starting to think of a voicemail message along the lines of:

"You're not on our whitelist, so your call was blocked by our robocall spambot defense. If you're for real, please send us a US Mail postcard to let us know you'd like to be able to use the telephone to talk to us. If you're for real you must know our address ....."

Or, ya know, it'd be worth it to us to pay something toward a Sonic staffer position that would take rollover calls from a robocall defense -- "My ISP will pick up and verify your call in just a moment ...."

I know, that'd be a horrible job .... but it might be a way to collect callback numbers to report to the FCC if you had someone really good at social engineering to take the calls.
"
28 posts Page 3 of 3