Device not registered

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by D.C. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:16 pm
Went to use the phone today and when I take the phone off the hook I get a voice “device not registered” so I assume it’s a problem with the ATA. I power cycle it same issue, press the reset button on the back of the box same issue. Try the ***999 reset same issue. I try plugging the Ethernet direct to the router same issue.

I noticed there is no activity on the network lights where the Ethernet cable plugs in. Do I have a dead ATA box?
by jacob.karinen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:43 am
Hi DC,

It's possible but before we rule on replacing the ATA we can reset the authentication from our side and have you PC the ATA. Can you PM me your address or username? Once you do I can reset the authentication on the ATA and it'll give you 30 days to power cycle it. If you are still experiencing "device not registered" as an error then I can get a replacement sent out to you ASAP.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by forssell » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:40 am
I’m having a similar problem. Internet works fine, but not the phone. It keeps telling me “device not registered.”

I’ve cycled the power. What else should I try?
by brandonc » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:55 am
forssell wrote:I’m having a similar problem. Internet works fine, but not the phone. It keeps telling me “device not registered.”

I’ve cycled the power. What else should I try?
Hey there, sorry to hear that your ATA won't register. Since power-cycling it didn't seem to help, I would suggest pressing/holding the reset button on the back on the ATA for 10-15s. The reset button is inside of a pinhole, so you'll need something skinny like a paperclip to press it.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend giving our tech support team a call and we can try resetting the authentication token for the ATA, which usually will do the trick. If all else fails, we can always send a replacement!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by mikesonic » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:01 pm
I just had the same "Device not registered" problem after a sequence of weather-related power failures.

I got faked out because I was using an AT&T portable phone. I could not figure out why the process of de-registering and re-registering the handset to the portable phone base-station didn't solve the problem. Eventually, I tried connecting a 20th century telephone set to the ATA. When I heard the same "Device not registered" message, I realized that portable phone registration was completely unrelated.

The reset button on my ATA was on the same face as the power, Ethernet and telephone connectors. It took about a full minute after pushing a straightened paperclip into the hole marked "reset" and my Sonic VOIP service was working again.
5 posts Page 1 of 1