Can't Access Voicemail by Dialing My Own Number

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by shane82388 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 am
So I just decided to buy a land line phone to use with the Sonic phone line I get with my Fiber Internet, and it I plugged it and it works fine to make calls, etc. I can't seem to access my voicemail by dialing my own number (or holding down the 1 button which does the same thing), etc.

I can now access voicemail if I go to dial *99 and out in my PIN number but I dont understand why it won't work by dialing my own number from the same phone line?

Sonic support has pretty much said "Well, it should work soooo....yeah...if you need help with anything else let us know, otherwise, sorry."

Every time I dial my own number (1-707-XXX-XXXX) from that phone line, it rings and goes through the voice mail recording like as if im any person calling and allows me to leave a voicemail...something isn't right.

Any ideas?
by amayfield » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:01 am
Once the call hits your voicemail if you press * on your keypad it should prompt you for your voicemail PIN and that'll get you into the voicemail IVR tree to check messages, etc.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1