Picking up radio(?) on voice line

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by smacho » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:43 am
Hi - We got Sonic Fiber several months ago, but only just recently finally bought a phone to make use of our voice connection. We bought a very simple traditional phone. When I connect it to the voice line, we can faintly but distinctly hear voices through the dial tone -- I think it's some kind of AM talk radio station. The phone itself is usable, but the radio feedback persists.

FYI when we first had the technician out here to set up Fiber we tested the line and I don't recall hearing this at the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt
by ngufra » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:56 am
Go to your neighbor's house an plug your phone on their phone plug, or plug another phone (preferably corded or digital) to the fiber adapter.
If you hear the radio at your neighbor's or don't hear the radio with another phone it's likely your phone that is picking up some radio.

Try these and report.

It seems very unlikely that the voip line would give you free radio.

-Francois
by virtualmike » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:48 pm
This article gives some background about some phones picking up radio signals. You can also do a web search on "phone line radio interference".
3 posts Page 1 of 1