iPad and iPhone not compatible with voicemail?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
by christydana » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:16 pm
Hi,
I'm a new user at sonic.net and was just configuring my voicemail. I tried to access voicemail messages going to my sonic email on my iPad, but because Apple mobile devices don't use Flash, I could neither listen to them nor download them. Support suggested that I access my messages by phone, which is fine, but I wondered if the mobile device problem was going to be addressed in the future.
Christy
by dane » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:01 pm
Best bet for iOS users is to use the Fusion Mobile app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fusion- ... 90025?mt=8
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by christydana » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16 pm
Thanks, I'll try that!
Christy
by mitsuko3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm
About a week ago I downloaded the app for iPhone.
Since then I have not received any single message that were left on my fusion line.
I was in the understanding that the app will let me access the voice message with my iPhone.
Am I misunderstanding?
by jgobble » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:14 pm
mitsuko3 wrote:About a week ago I downloaded the app for iPhone.
Since then I have not received any single message that were left on my fusion line.
I was in the understanding that the app will let me access the voice message with my iPhone.
Am I misunderstanding?
You are not misunderstanding. One of the main purposes of the app is to receive and listen to messages on the iPhone.

Are you saying you are seeing nothing in the voicemail tab on the iPhone App? Or are you saying you are not getting the "push" notifications that we send the app when someone has left phone call?

If you are seeing no messages in the voicemail tab of the app, then go to Member Tools -> Voice-> Voicemail Settings and ensure that "Local Email Delivery and Phone Access" is set to Default.

If your delivery is set to "Default", and your phone number is listed in the app under "Line Settings" then let me know and I will try to troubleshoot more.

If you are not receiving push notifications, go to your iPhone -> Settings-> Notifications -> Go down to Fusion and ensure all the options are set to ON for the Fusion app.

Jann Gobble
Jann Gobble
jgobble@corp.sonic.net
Senior Software Engineer @ Sonic.net
by mitsuko3 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:23 am
Are you saying you are seeing nothing in the voicemail tab on the iPhone App? Or are you saying you are not getting the "push" notifications that we send the app when someone has left phone call?
I get voicemail on my iPhone left on my iPhone number but I do not get any fusion number message.

If you are seeing no messages in the voicemail tab of the app, then go to Member Tools -> Voice-> Voicemail Settings and ensure that "Local Email Delivery and Phone Access" is set to Default.
(A)It is set to default but the "Add New Forward or Notification" and "No notifications are set up" shows blank.
Do I need to type my email address there? Account with sonic is set up with my husband and I am an administrator for his account and have my own email address.

If your delivery is set to "Default", and your phone number is listed in the app under "Line Settings" then let me know and I will try to troubleshoot more.
(A)The delivery is set to "Default" on my husband's account.

If you are not receiving push notifications, go to your iPhone -> Settings-> Notifications -> Go down to Fusion and ensure all the options are set to ON for the Fusion app.
(A)I checked the option for notification, fusion and they are set to ON.
by jgobble » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 am
mitsuko3 wrote:
jgobble wrote:Are you saying you are seeing nothing in the voicemail tab on the iPhone App? Or are you saying you are not getting the "push" notifications that we send the app when someone has left phone call?
I get voicemail on my iPhone left on my iPhone number but I do not get any fusion number message.
So, when you launch the Fusion Broadband + iPhone app, then tap the "Line Settings" tab inside the app (3rd tab -- with the Telephone Pole icon), is your Fusion phone number listed there? If so, is there a checkmark to the right of it? If the number is listed, but there is no checkmark, tap the Fusion number. It should then take you to the "Line Settings". Does this happen? If so, then tap the Voicemail tab (the 1st tab). Is it this tab that is blank?

Remember, the iPhone telephone and the Fusion Broadband + iPhone app put their voicemail messages in two different places. The iPhone puts all of your mobile telephone messages in the Phone app (green icon) while your Fusion Broadband + iPhone messages will appear in the Fusion Broadband + iPhone app (blue icon).

mitsuko3 wrote:
jgobble wrote:If you are seeing no messages in the voicemail tab of the app, then go to Member Tools -> Voice-> Voicemail Settings and ensure that "Local Email Delivery and Phone Access" is set to Default.
(A)It is set to default but the "Add New Forward or Notification" and "No notifications are set up" shows blank.
Do I need to type my email address there? Account with sonic is set up with my husband and I am an administrator for his account and have my own email address.
This is fine the way it is currently set up. No changes seem to be required here.
mitsuko3 wrote:
jgobble wrote:If your delivery is set to "Default", and your phone number is listed in the app under "Line Settings" then let me know and I will try to troubleshoot more.
(A)The delivery is set to "Default" on my husband's account.
I apologize, I meant to ask the first question (above). The question about the Fusion phone number being listed in the Fusion Broadband + iPhone app.
mitsuko3 wrote:
jgobble wrote:If you are not receiving push notifications, go to your iPhone -> Settings-> Notifications -> Go down to Fusion and ensure all the options are set to ON for the Fusion app.
(A)I checked the option for notification, fusion and they are set to ON.
Good. When someone calls and leaves a message, do you get a "notification" from us. A Notification will alert you to the fact that someone left a message. After leaving a message on your Fusion line, it may take a minute or so for the "push" notification to appear on your phone.
Jann Gobble
jgobble@corp.sonic.net
by mitsuko3 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:53 am
"So, when you launch the Fusion Broadband + iPhone app, then tap the "Line Settings" tab inside the app (3rd tab -- with the Telephone Pole icon), is your Fusion phone number listed there? If so, is there a checkmark to the right of it? If the number is listed, but there is no checkmark, tap the Fusion number. It should then take you to the "Line Settings". Does this happen? If so, then tap the Voicemail tab (the 1st tab). Is it this tab that is blank? "
A: Yes, my fusion number is listed and there is a check mark next to it.
When I tap on the fusion number, I get a message saying "Error VM Status. The mobile devices on this account have been reset. Please re authenticate." There is OK button under it. How do I re authenticate?
The line setting for fusion number; the first tab(voice mail) is blank and cannot change it to ON.
by jgobble » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 am
mitsuko3 wrote:
jgobble wrote:"So, when you launch the Fusion Broadband + iPhone app, then tap the "Line Settings" tab inside the app (3rd tab -- with the Telephone Pole icon), is your Fusion phone number listed there? If so, is there a checkmark to the right of it? If the number is listed, but there is no checkmark, tap the Fusion number. It should then take you to the "Line Settings". Does this happen? If so, then tap the Voicemail tab (the 1st tab). Is it this tab that is blank? "
A: Yes, my fusion number is listed and there is a check mark next to it.
When I tap on the fusion number, I get a message saying "Error VM Status. The mobile devices on this account have been reset. Please re authenticate." There is OK button under it. How do I re authenticate?
The line setting for fusion number; the first tab(voice mail) is blank and cannot change it to ON.
On the Line Settings tab, do the following:.

Using your finger, swipe from left to right across your Fusion phone number. A DELETE button will appear to the right of your Fusion phone number. Tap DELETE. The number will disappear and you may now add it again.

No features will function until these steps are completed.
Jann Gobble
jgobble@corp.sonic.net
by mitsuko3 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm
"Using your finger, swipe from left to right across your Fusion phone number. A DELETE button will appear to the right of your Fusion phone number. Tap DELETE. The number will disappear and you may now add it again.

No features will function until these steps are completed."

I have done above and now fusion phone number shows with a check mark next to it.
When I tap on voicemail icon, it show 0 voice mail. But I know there are voice mails on my answering machine.
Do you have any suggestions to make this work?
16 posts Page 1 of 2