iPad and iPhone not compatible with voicemail?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by williamt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 pm
Hi mitsuko3,

To further trouble shoot this issue we are going to need your Sonic.net username so we can look at your account.
Please private message me your username to me so we can further investigate this issue for you.

Thanks,
William
Sr. Systems Administrator @ sonic.net
by virtualmike » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 pm
mitsuko3 wrote:But I know there are voice mails on my answering machine. Do you have any suggestions to make this work?
By "answering machine," do you mean a device within your house that answers the phone and records incoming messages? If so, that's NOT Sonic.net voice mail, and the iPad/iPhone app will not work with that.

The Fusion app WILL work with voice mail messages that are taken by the Sonic.net equipment. That equipment intercepts unanswered calls, takes messages, and then puts a "stutter" dial tone on your line.
by bo » Thu May 02, 2013 1:41 pm
By "answering machine," do you mean a device within your house that answers the phone and records incoming messages? If so, that's NOT Sonic.net voice mail, and the iPad/iPhone app will not work with that.

The Fusion app WILL work with voice mail messages that are taken by the Sonic.net equipment. That equipment intercepts unanswered calls, takes messages, and then puts a "stutter" dial tone on your line.

I am totally confused about this. My fusion line is the phone number and to which the answering machine is connected. So are you saying if my answering machine pick up the message it does not get to the unanswered call Sonic.net equipment? :?: :?: :?: :?:
by wa2ibm » Thu May 02, 2013 4:23 pm
bo wrote:I am totally confused about this. My fusion line is the phone number and to which the answering machine is connected. So are you saying if my answering machine pick up the message it does not get to the unanswered call Sonic.net equipment? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Yes. Voice messages taken by a machine at your end of the line will only be available on that machine and have no way to making it to your mobile device, unless your machine itself has some way to do that.

On The Other Hand, if you disconnect your answering machine and enable Voice Mail on your Sonic line (see member tools), then messages will be taken by the Sonic equipment and be available on your mobile device.

Does that help?
by bo » Thu May 02, 2013 5:06 pm
wa2ibm wrote:
bo wrote:I am totally confused about this. My fusion line is the phone number and to which the answering machine is connected. So are you saying if my answering machine pick up the message it does not get to the unanswered call Sonic.net equipment? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Yes. Voice messages taken by a machine at your end of the line will only be available on that machine and have no way to making it to your mobile device, unless your machine itself has some way to do that.

On The Other Hand, if you disconnect your answering machine and enable Voice Mail on your Sonic line (see member tools), then messages will be taken by the Sonic equipment and be available on your mobile device.

Does that help?
Yes, that is the case why I am not getting any voice messages on my iPhone.
I guess it is one way the other not both way to receive voice messages.

Thank you for clarifying.
by dane » Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm
The Fusion app is used to access Fusion voicemail. You'd need to enable that feature - and then sell your answering machine at your next garage sale. :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
16 posts Page 2 of 2