Spam number block requests post here

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2698 posts Page 201 of 270
by libertytax » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am
Please block 480-651-8088. Robot call. Thanks.
by rascal2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm
Received call left on message machine at 9am. Don't know them and phone # is unlisted. ? Don't know how I get these spam calls.
by ankh » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 am
https://alterslash.org/#article-13625492
AT&T and Comcast said Wednesday that they can authenticate calls made between the two different phone providers' networks, a potential industry first and the latest in the long-running battle against spam calls... The system, which uses a method developed in recent years, verifies that a legitimate call is being made instead of one that has been spoofed by spammers, scammers or robocallers with a "digital signature." The recipient network then confirms the signature on its side. The companies said consumers will get a notification that a call is verified, but exactly what that will look like is not yet known.

Both AT&T and Comcast will roll out the system to home phone users later this year at no extra charge. AT&T also said it will introduce the feature to its mobile users this year... Other major wireless and traditional home voice providers have pledged support for the verification method, including Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Charter, Cox and Vonage, with several announcing plans to roll out or test the feature in 2019.

The day Comcast and AT&T made their announcement, AT&T's CEO was giving a live interview that was interrupted by a robocall.
by dlrivard » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 am
I'm receiving numerous spam calls from phone numbers with country code 962 (Jordan). Any international numbers with that country code should be blocked. In less than 12 hours I received multiple calls from the following numbers:

+962 7 7601 0043
+962 7 7601 1616
+962 7 7601 0599
+962 7 7601 0044
+962 7 7601 0043

Calls are coming in minutes apart at all hours, including midnight - 4 AM.

Add +962 7 7601 0048
by QT213 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:58 am

Calling re immigration services and speaking in foreign language.
by cmeisel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:31 pm
The thread is too long so I am not sure this has been addressed or not.
Blocking numbers is pretty useless. The number you see on the called ID most of the time is NOT the number they call from. Number spoofing is an epidemic now and many times if you block a number, it might be completely not involved in the call, it was just spoofed. And a few minutes later, they can call you from another, spoofed number. This needs to be addressed by phone providers (not sonic, higher up the chain) by adding number authentication to prevent spoofing. Until this is done, nothing will work.
by vancenesbitt38 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 am
The caller ID says "US POSTAL SVC" but it's not, and they're selling a "medical grade brace" via robot. PLEASE BLOCK:

(415) 206-7062
by ankh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:36 am
Hey Sonic folks, I'msure you're aware of the info I posted a few comments back, which begins:
https://alterslash.org/#article-13625492

AT&T and Comcast said Wednesday that they can authenticate calls made between the two different phone providers' networks, a potential industry first .....
Can anyone from Sonic comment on whether Sonic will eventuallly be able to offer this?
by dlrivard » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:53 pm
(714) 418-4814 Bogus scam robocall pretending to be from Hilton Hotels about being selected for some offer
by dlrivard » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:00 pm
cmeisel wrote:Blocking numbers is pretty useless. The number you see on the called ID most of the time is NOT the number they call from. Number spoofing is an epidemic now and many times if you block a number, it might be completely not involved in the call, it was just spoofed. And a few minutes later, they can call you from another, spoofed number. This needs to be addressed by phone providers (not sonic, higher up the chain) by adding number authentication to prevent spoofing. Until this is done, nothing will work.
Not completely true. I often get multiple calls from the same number, spread over a period of days or weeks. Even if it's spoofed, blocking that number will block the numerous repeat calls. Also, several other people get calls from that number before the scammers stop using it and move on to another number. So blocking specific numbers will make a difference, even if it doesn't solve every situation.
2698 posts Page 201 of 270