Change Outbound Caller ID?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by triciaday » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:20 am
Is it possible to change my outbound caller ID? Right now it shows as "Sonic.net" something or other. I'd prefer it to show my name.
by dane » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:13 am
triciaday wrote:Is it possible to change my outbound caller ID? Right now it shows as "Sonic.net" something or other. I'd prefer it to show my name.
For new number assignments, our caller ID setup is "CITY, CA". If yours shows Sonic, that would be a problem, so please email support@sonic.net and they can get the issue routed to the right team here.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by triciaday » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:54 pm
Thanks Dane. I'll send them an email now.
by gclie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 pm
So what happened? Will you able to change it? I would like my outbound calls to show my real ID too.
by dane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 am
gclie wrote:So what happened? Will you able to change it? I would like my outbound calls to show my real ID too.
At this time, for numbers we assign, caller ID name is "Your City, CA". We hope to be able to offer more flexibility in this, so you could have it be your name, likely late this year or early next, as part of a new voice switch upgrade.

Note that when you ring mobile phone users who have you in their contact like, your name would appear. Heck, for iPhone users, your Facebook photo can even show up. CNAM (caller ID name) is less often displayed as a result.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1