Please block this number

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by tikvah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:58 pm
I figured a new thread on this topic would be nice, instead of hiding all the requests at the bottom of the very long thread announcing the blocking service.

Please please for the love of God, block this number!
LSAN DA 14 CA
323-580-5513

I've asked before but they're still calling. This is Scientology and they call under other numbers too but mostly this one. They call all the time. We have told them repeatedly to stop.

Today, my daughter answered (phone was on speaker) and the man asked for my husband. I asked who was calling and he told me (to their credit, they do always tell us when asked). I said they are not permitted to phone or mail us under any circumstances. The guy kept talking and I screamed at him and hung up.

He called back a minute later. I was not nice to him. The main word I used was "illegal." I finally hung up on him.

He then called back a third time a minute or two after that. I just pushed the answer button then immediately hung up.

This has been going on FOR YEARS. We've tried being nice, we've tried being firm, nothing works.

We do not have any meaningful prior association with these creeps. My husband's family used to be involved and he last took a class with them THIRTY YEARS AGO. They follow him around when he moves and mail and call incessantly. They insist my husband has to tell them to stop himself, that it can't be me, but when he does it, they ask personal questions and refuse to stop.

Please please give us the tools to block them. Please don't tell me to wait a couple of years until your service is fully implemented. They are breaking the law; this should be enough for you to act and block them globally.

Thank you,
Cyndi
by kgc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 pm
Cyndi, I agree that they are probably breaking the law and suggest that you report this to law enforcement. I am sympathetic, but we are reluctant to block callers unless they are engaged in what is more obviously abusive at a network level - for example, robo calls to many customers.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by tikvah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:31 pm
Any chance you can just block them from my account?

How would I report them to law enforcement? To whom? I'm sure the Sonoma County Sheriffs Dept is not able to do anything. I got death threat spam a few months ago and it weirded me out enough to follow through on it. I spoke to Sonic and the Sheriffs Dept and reported it to the Calif taskforce/group/org that deals with spam. I still get these spams but at least I was able to contribute to the groups aimed at stopping them.

So I have no idea who might even care about Scientology harassing us. As you probably know, their legal dept is legendary for suing the spit out of anyone who looks at them funny. I don't know where the calls are originating either. Could be Florida or even offshore.

I do not have the energy or money or time for a legal fight. Nor would I be likely to win anytime soon, no matter how in the right I am. (And they'd up the harassment in the process.) The only hope I have is to block the bloody calls. They're mostly from the same number. Sure, they could change or hide the caller ID, but it's got a good chance of success for now.

I remember decades ago, the phone company was always responsive to harassment and would block callers for you. Now, you are the phone company. It's one thing for you not to be able to block every telemarketer and so forth. But this is abuse. It's mostly from a single known number. I know you can do something about it. I'm begging you to do it.

Thank you,
Cyndi
3 posts Page 1 of 1