Option to remove Fusion Voice from package

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
43 posts Page 4 of 5
by luv2swim » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:51 am
mborsetti wrote:Very annoyed of being forced to get a voice line with my new fiber service, a line I do not want nor use.

Even more so, am quite angry of having to pay $182.88/year in Sonic fees and government taxes associated with this unused line. :cry:
Cool. Go switch to another fiber provider and pay more and stop whining
by adyod4 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:52 pm
+1

My bill increased by ~$2 this month, only because of higher taxes, for something we don't use as most people have repeatedly said it here, voice service is useless.
please fix, it has now been 4 years since the first post on that thread.
by ronaldleepreston » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:45 am
+1
by dbvbib » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:26 pm
+1 switching provider because of this. I hate paying for voice feature when it is not needed.
by edwardqnguyen » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:15 pm
I chose sonic because I was angry at a lot of other Internet Providers and wanted to vote with my wallet. This policy is annoying me and showing me that Sonic may not actually be better than their competitors. Doing more research and am considering switching providers now.
by susanlberry » Sat May 27, 2023 1:34 pm
Poverty stricken Sonic users rejoice! If you are in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you can drop voice.

The service is basic fiber 1G, without the voice line or taxes/fees. Cons are that there is no sonic email or VPN. Since I don’t use either, there’s no pan.
by yeungsonic » Sat May 27, 2023 9:13 pm
susanlberry wrote:Poverty stricken Sonic users rejoice! If you are in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you can drop voice.

The service is basic fiber 1G, without the voice line or taxes/fees. Cons are that there is no sonic email or VPN. Since I don’t use either, there’s no pan.
Hello, is it a seamless transition when downgrading? Will there be any interruption in our fiber service? Do we need to do anything extra? Thanks
by digitalbitstream » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:17 am
susanlberry wrote:Poverty stricken Sonic users rejoice! If you are in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you can drop voice.

https://www.sonic.com/affordable-connectivity-program
by pgfossier » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:42 am
Cable companies such as Comcast and AT&T have gotten into the habit of "bundling" multiple services into their base plan - forcing their customers to pony up the cost of services they don't use.
Regrettably Sonic appears to be moving in that direction by bundling voice into their Internet service.
I went to Sonic for Internet - nothing more.
If I wanted voice, I most likely would not go to Sonic.
I feel like walking into a burger joint and getting mandatory fries with my burger.
I left AT&T and Comcast because of their predatory practices and will be looking to do the same here.
In the meantime, I certainly will be posting about it on NextDoor to alert my neighbors and find an alternate service.
by kordeliya » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:54 pm
New Sonic user here. I switched from Comcast who charged me exactly $60/ month (as advertised when I agreed to the contract which just expired). I just got my first Sonic bill and expected it to be $60 as well (also as advertised) and am extremely unhappy to see it is actually $70.11 because of all these voice-related fees. My voice service isn't even hooked up, and my installer even told me pretty much no one actually uses it. This is extremely dishonest advertising. I am disheartened to see that people have expressed this frustration going back over 4 years to no avail.

I wish I had come across this thread before I signed up, because I would not have done so. As it is, I am thinking of cancelling and going back to Comcast who will still give me the $60/month rate with a new contract. I switched because I thought, "Great, I can switch and get faster service from an ethical company for the same price!" This bait and switch on pricing with no option to remove the unpopular voice service has thrown that out the window.
43 posts Page 4 of 5