Process to port a number out of sonic

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by pstrasma » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:03 pm
I'm pleased to report that my port has finally processed after 4 months of hassle, Sonic formally responded to my FCC complaint resulting in it being served to Cox instead. Shortly thereafter I was cc:ed on a Sonic e-mail request to XO communications and and an XO response with specific instructions for Cox complete a manual port request.
by tamino » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm
For what it's worth -- I didn't have any trouble porting my number out, this past week.

I used my own name and address; this was per a discussion with a Sonic support person, who didn't know anything about the Apollo Way or Great Oaks addresses and didn't have anything much they could tell me other than "it should work fine".

Well -- turned out, it did work fine! No hassles or problems. Just figured I'd add my data point here. If you're not sure what address to use, maybe try your own; it might be just fine.
by philwong » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:33 pm
I filled out my cell phone carrier port in page this past Friday evening and first thing on Tuesday my number was ported in. So thank you Sonic for a quick, painless and efficient process! I used my exact name and billing address on my account. I called Sonic about a week in advance to inquire about the procedure.
by brandonc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:53 pm
philwong wrote:
I filled out my cell phone carrier port in page this past Friday evening and first thing on Tuesday my number was ported in. So thank you Sonic for a quick, painless and efficient process! I used my exact name and billing address on my account. I called Sonic about a week in advance to inquire about the procedure.

You're welcome and I'm glad to hear the number port process was quick and painless!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
14 posts Page 2 of 2