Phone switch upgrade, 2/13/18

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by virtualmike » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 pm
Is there anything we'll see, from the user side, due to the upgrade?
by dane » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 am
virtualmike wrote:
Is there anything we'll see, from the user side, due to the upgrade?


No, this was simply a large capacity upgrade of the voice switching equipment. It’s an uncommon maintenance, only because everything else is designed to be redundant, so maintenance generally isn’t service affecting. But this upgrade required a brief outage.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by lewisn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 am
Is the "phone switch" you speak of in the upgrade something that supports only phones in your central office, and so forth, or is it the central switch (if it should be called that), or software, that supports phone service in our homes, such as the phone service we receive through our FTTN service and the ATA box we have at home that our phone is connected to?

I wasn't clear whether our home phone service would be down during the upgrade or not.

Thanks!
by dane » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm
lewisn wrote:
Is the "phone switch" you speak of in the upgrade something that supports only phones in your central office, and so forth, or is it the central switch (if it should be called that), or software, that supports phone service in our homes, such as the phone service we receive through our FTTN service and the ATA box we have at home that our phone is connected to?

I wasn't clear whether our home phone service would be down during the upgrade or not.

Thanks!


Yes, the voice switching infrastructure is related to all voice services we deliver. During this upgrade, members were unable to make or receive calls for almost five minutes, just prior to 3:00am last night. This maintenance window was timed to occur during our lowest usage time.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by virtualmike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 pm
dane wrote:
... simply a large capacity upgrade...

Thanks for the details!
by eastbay » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:19 pm
My caller ID stopped working for about two weeks--I think the problem started right around 02/13. I suspect it was due to this upgrade?

Advance notice would have been nice, a call to Sonic support seemed to catch them offguard.
by dane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:46 pm
eastbay wrote:
My caller ID stopped working for about two weeks--I think the problem started right around 02/13. I suspect it was due to this upgrade?

Advance notice would have been nice, a call to Sonic support seemed to catch them offguard.


I cannot imagine any correlation between the capacity upgrade and an issue with Caller ID - but do write to support@sonic.com and they can route it to the voice team to investigate!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 422 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests