FaxLine and Gmail

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by casstk » Mon May 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Sonic's Faxline service stopped working with Gmail today. Faxes that are being sent are stuck on Gmail's server side...and there is no way for Sonic to retrieve or access the received faxes from their end.

The only advice I have is to add a non-gmail address to your FaxLine as a backup receiver. This is a Gmail server side issue...they may be flagging the fax attachments as viruses/suspicious emails. We tested this on several unreleated gmail accounts and all are now blocking faxes coming from sonic.net

Cass
by danielg4 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:27 am
This is not acceptable. Somebody from Sonic ought to reach out to Google to get this resolved.
by joemuller » Tue May 14, 2019 11:34 am
casstk wrote:Sonic's Faxline service stopped working with Gmail today. Faxes that are being sent are stuck on Gmail's server side...and there is no way for Sonic to retrieve or access the received faxes from their end.

The only advice I have is to add a non-gmail address to your FaxLine as a backup receiver. This is a Gmail server side issue...they may be flagging the fax attachments as viruses/suspicious emails. We tested this on several unreleated gmail accounts and all are now blocking faxes coming from sonic.net

Cass
Hi Cass, I looked through our logs, and all 4 faxes to your number were successfully delivered from our email system to Google. If you do a search for support@sonic.net in your gmail account, do all of the Faxline emails show up? I'd be interested to know if Google is tagging our emails as junk/spam.

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by casstk » Tue May 14, 2019 11:52 am
Yep we did the search, checked the spam folder etc before we placed the support call. You folks sent them fine, but it was Google who flagged and held them at their end.

2 finally arrived this morning. The other 2 which never arrived are duplicates of the first two. But we're no longer using gmail for delivery of the faxes from Sonic.

Cass
by joemuller » Tue May 14, 2019 12:03 pm
casstk wrote:2 finally arrived this morning. The other 2 which never arrived are duplicates of the first two. But we're no longer using gmail for delivery of the faxes from Sonic.
I'd be interested to see the headers from one of those emails that was delayed - any chance you could forward that info over to support@sonic.net? (guide over here)

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by casstk » Tue May 14, 2019 12:30 pm
done
6 posts Page 1 of 1