OpenVPN Beta Server (beta.vpn.sonic.net) Upgraded

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
by mike.ely » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:28 pm
Do you by any chance have a link to discussion about the crash/brick issue?
Sonic Operations
by forest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:11 pm
I just went to hunt one down, but it looks like their forums have either been reorganized or suffered some kind of failure, and lots of links are now broken. I did find a link acknowledging the kernel crash issue from the (now recalled) release you mentioned, though.
by mike.ely » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:04 pm
I have at least one report of 2.0.3 running stable. If you're afraid of anything newer, you can try that. If you want to actually get current (and see what's been recalled and what hasn't), please go here:

https://community.ui.com/releases

We'll be disabling TLS 1.0 this Friday.
Sonic Operations
by mike.ely » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:42 am
TLS 1.0 has been disabled on beta.vpn.sonic.net.
Sonic Operations
by mediahound » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:35 am
I believe I was using TLS last time I tried the VPN and now that's no longer working. What do I need to set instead?
by mike.ely » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:44 am
mediahound wrote:I believe I was using TLS last time I tried the VPN and now that's no longer working. What do I need to set instead?
Can you be a bit more specific? What VPN client are you using and on what kind of hardware?
Sonic Operations
by mediahound » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:53 am
mike.ely wrote:
mediahound wrote:I believe I was using TLS last time I tried the VPN and now that's no longer working. What do I need to set instead?
Can you be a bit more specific? What VPN client are you using and on what kind of hardware?
Viscosity on OSX, on an iMac.

The OpenVPN client on my iOS devices are able to connect.
by mediahound » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:36 am
I solved the above issue in Viscosity by setting the connection method to UDPv4. Apparently it was trying to use an IPv6 connection, which Sonic does not seem to support.
18 posts Page 2 of 2