Any sneak peeks?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
by virtualmike2 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:10 am
Want to give us any hints of what's next in Labs? :mrgreen:
by dane » Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 am
I'm guessing inbound FAX will be the next feature to roll into beta.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike2 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:43 am
Sounds great.

Any chance of allowing fax login by any email address on the account, not just the master?
by dane » Fri May 20, 2011 1:38 pm
Kelsey may be able to speak to the specifics of the tools which are in development, but my understanding is that Fusion customers will be able to activate an inbound FAX number, and to select the email address they want received FAXes to be sent to. (Non-Fusion customers can add inbound FAX, at a small monthly fee.)

FAXes are PDF files, with an attempt at text recognition for indexing. This means that if your email client support searching in the content of attachments, you can find received FAXes during searches. If you save them, your PC is likely to index them and allow you to search and find as well. It's pretty slick.

If you want more than one inbound FAX number, we will offer additional ones at a small monthly fee - each can be directed to a different email address, so this is a great way to set up an office with individuals each having their own dedicated inbound FAX.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by alexlmchoi » Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 pm
Actually I would like free international calls to Hong Kong/China (both landline and cell), then with a small fee I can get a Hong Kong number that my relatives can call to my house without paying international call charges. Then I can feel free to cancel my current Skype subscription...
by dane » Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm
Alex,

As the customer count on the network grows, we'll be studying international calling usage and costs, with an eye toward beginning to include some international calling. Typically calls to international mobiles are not included though in plans, FYI. It's all "to be determined" for us though, based upon growth of Fusion customer quantities and usage levels.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kgc » Fri May 20, 2011 8:49 pm
emkay wrote:Sounds great.

Any chance of allowing fax login by any email address on the account, not just the master?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. All authenticated users can use the send a fax tool, and when the inbound service is launched, you'll be able to have it send the faxes as pdfs to a list of supplied email addresses.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike2 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 pm
kgc wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by that. All authenticated users can use the send a fax tool, and when the inbound service is launched, you'll be able to have it send the faxes as pdfs to a list of supplied email addresses.
Sorry! I may not be using the right terminology.

Most Sonic.net accounts allow creation of multiple mailboxes @sonic.net, along with the primary_username@sonic.net.

When one connects to members.sonic.net, one can login with the primary_username ID and configure voice, create new mailboxes, manage the domain(s), and access Labs. If one connects to members.sonic.net and logs in with one of the additional mailbox IDs, the only options are "Account" and "Email" (see the attachment).

Is there any chance in the future that one could log into members.sonic.net with one of the additional mailbox IDs, find Labs on the menu, and send a fax? For example, in a family situation, where several family members have mailboxes as part of the account, the account owner may want to give fax sending permission to the family members, but may not want the kids to know the login password for the primary username.

Attachments

by kgc » Sat May 21, 2011 1:03 am
Ah, that should work. I'll get it fixed Monday.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike2 » Sat May 21, 2011 2:24 am
Wonderful! ...thanks!
18 posts Page 1 of 2