Any sneak peeks?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
by cboyce » Wed May 25, 2011 11:04 am
Mailbox accounts should now see a "Labs" menu, and have access to the "Send A Fax" tool. For the time being, their fax history is shared with the master account, so you will see the same fax history under both the mailbox and master accounts.

-Chris
by virtualmike2 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:01 pm
Works for me! Thanks for the speedy update!
by tjj » Wed May 25, 2011 5:51 pm
kgc wrote:Ah, that should work. I'll get it fixed Monday.
Just checked this out in the member tools and it is indeed fixed.
Tage J.
Sonic.net Customer Support
by cboyce » Thu May 26, 2011 8:12 am
cboyce wrote:Mailbox accounts should now see a "Labs" menu, and have access to the "Send A Fax" tool. For the time being, their fax history is shared with the master account, so you will see the same fax history under both the mailbox and master accounts.
We've updated this tool to only show fax history when logged in as the master account. Mailbox accounts will still be able to send faxes, and all fax history will be visible from the master account.
by ankh » Sat May 28, 2011 5:49 pm
Customer: "Is there any chance in the future that one could ...."
System Architect, Sonic.net: "Ah, that should work. I'll get it fixed Monday."

I love this place.
by virtualmike2 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 pm
ankh wrote:I love this place.
Agreed!

I've used several ISPs and even worked for some online services. Sonic.net is the only ISP that consistently exceeds my expectations.

Other ISPs and online services always assume the problem is rooted at the customer's end. Not Sonic.net. ONly Sonic.net posts (and tweets!) when servers are down or maintenance is scheduled.

Years ago, I ran outsourced support forums for a major online service. I had direct access to the techs that managed the various services. I can't even count the number of times that the online service's in-house customer support insisted to customers that "there are no issues with our servers--it must be a problem with your computer," even as the techs were emailing me when the servers failed and the ETA for restoration.
by orm » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:15 pm
So non-master users can no longer view their OWN fax history, apparently. That's unfortunate. But I see the current provision allows only a single history, thus, to keep the master's history private the secondary accounts cannot see any history at all. Right? Well, hopefully this is updated in the future. Would be quite nice.
by dane » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm
orm wrote:So non-master users can no longer view their OWN fax history, apparently. That's unfortunate. But I see the current provision allows only a single history, thus, to keep the master's history private the secondary accounts cannot see any history at all. Right? Well, hopefully this is updated in the future. Would be quite nice.
Yes, afraid so. This was a security compromise - we didn't want sub-accounts to see the full history, but we can "trust" the master, as it has the power to change the password of any sub-account. So, no history for sub-accounts at this time, sorry.

Note that you will still get the email confirmation when your FAX transmission is complete, or an error report if it fails. That would be your best history view at this time.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
18 posts Page 2 of 2