Inbound Fax to Email with FaxLine

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
76 posts Page 8 of 8
by zivagolee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:51 pm
Interesting.. finally received a fax! I guess it's resolved for now...
by zivagolee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm
Yep, it wasn't there. It just took about 30 min to receive.. all good.
by joekewe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 pm
One of my customers in England reports receiving a "disconnected" signal from our Sonic fax number. Looking through all of the settings, FAQ and forums, I do not see a way to block or unblock inbound faxes. I know Sonic just implemented Unsolicited Call Blocking on our voice line, and I see how to enable/disable it, but I didn't know if you also started using it for inbound faxes?

Can you tell me how to DISABLE filtering on my fax line if any?
by kgc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 pm
At this time there is no filtering on inbound FaxLine calls. Do they get an error message if they dial the fax number directly from a voice phone? You could email me the calling number and a date and time that they tried calling and I could look to see if I can find any logs.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by joekewe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:54 pm
Sorry, I thought this forum would email me with any replies. My customer in the UK tried faxing around 3:45 AM PST on Oct 29. Their fax number is +44 1462 424701. Let me know if you find anything in the logs.

Thanks,

Joe
by kgc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am
Joe, I found the call in the logs but there isn't anything of much use. They might have success if they tried again but it is possible that the international call routing between the two endpoints aren't able to reliably carry faxes. (What I see is that we failed all attempts at successfully negotiating a data connection.)
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
76 posts Page 8 of 8