Message field in outgoing fax cover sheet is ignored

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by gimpelevichtrust » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm
I tried to fax a PDF with a cover sheet, and I included a lengthy text in the Message field on the cover sheet. The recipient told me the cover sheet had all fields, but the Comments field was simply blank, and none of what I typed was transmitted at all.
by kgc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:43 pm
Do you know how lengthy the message was? Also, could you test to see a shorter message is included okay? You could fax to my test line - 707-978-3165
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by gimpelevichtrust » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm
Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the message, because I had no idea it would simply disappear without a trace, so I cannot do a word count. If you can give me some sample messages, I will use them to your test line.
by virtualmike » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 am
by gimpelevichtrust » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 am
Generated 5 paragraphs, 390 words, 2690 bytes of Lorem Ipsum
Sent.
by kgc » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:13 pm
Daniel, not sure what to say, all 5 paragraphs came through and even wrapped to a second page in the cover letter. Did you use the same computer/browser? It is possible that something like Unicode could cause a problem in the comments.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by gimpelevichtrust » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:25 pm
Yes, I think I might have included a Unicode symbol the first time without thinking…
(Note: There is another Unicode symbol above.)
7 posts Page 1 of 1