Unable to read incoming fax on android phone

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by sshalit » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Received faxes open up no problem on the pc. However when received on the android phone, they do not open - instead I get a message that the file is corrupted. I have tried Adobe reader for android and PDF Reader for android with no luck. I called Adobe since I am an acrobat user & was told that the problem originates with sonic. Please help, I need to be able to open the faxes while away from the pc - Thanks! :?:
by sshalit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 pm
No one replied so out of desperation I figured out the solution myself. & it is rather a pain but it works: 1. Save the received fax to "downloads" folder which is on the android phone, I believe by default. 2. Rename the file by adding ".pdf" to it. It will now open with a .pdf reader. :idea: :idea:
by kgc » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. On my Droid3 using k9-mail the fax attachments open directly using either QuickOffice or the Kindle App without having the save and rename them.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
3 posts Page 1 of 1