Shell server adjustments

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
63 posts Page 6 of 7
by scott » Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 am
jwermont wrote:Hi Scott,

I just logged into the shell, it seems fine so far. Thanks for looking into it!

Joyce
Thank you. :)

AFAIAC, this is solved. If not, please post.

-Scott
by bdd » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:06 am
I was referred to here by phone tech support.
Turns out this is a known issue and the change needs to be done by an admin manually.
I'd like to change my shell to /bin/zsh please.

Code: Select all

$ chsh -s /bin/zsh
Changing shell for bdd.
Password:
chsh: Authentication failure
chsh: changing user attribute failed: Permission denied
by joemuller » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:36 am
bdd wrote:I was referred to here by phone tech support.
Turns out this is a known issue and the change needs to be done by an admin manually.
I'd like to change my shell to /bin/zsh please.
Done - you should now have '/bin/zsh' as your default shell.

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by bdd » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:21 pm
joemuller wrote: Done - you should now have '/bin/zsh' as your default shell.
Thank you!
by somogyi » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:59 pm
Hi --

I also just ran into the auth failure upon `chsh`

I'd like my shell changed to zsh as well, please.

Thanks.
by joemuller » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:02 am
somogyi wrote:Hi --

I also just ran into the auth failure upon `chsh`

I'd like my shell changed to zsh as well, please.

Thanks.
I've changed your shell over to zsh.

-- Joe M.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by somogyi » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:56 am
Confirmed -- thanks!
by msilver » Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am
Good afternoon!

I would love my shell changed from /bin/sh to /usr/bin/bash. I can email the shellmaster if that's better than piling on to the other requests here... but also, here I am piling on.


((edit) why did I sign this like I'm my mom or something)
by joemuller » Tue May 17, 2022 5:39 pm
msilver wrote:I would love my shell changed from /bin/sh to /usr/bin/bash. I can email the shellmaster if that's better than piling on to the other requests here... but also, here I am piling on.
I've changed your default shell to Bash.

-- Joe M
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by davygrvy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:34 pm
Hi,

Please change my shell to bash, thanks.

Code: Select all

$ chsh -s /bin/bash
Changing shell for davygrvy.
Password: 
chsh: Authentication failure
chsh: changing user attribute failed: Permission denied
63 posts Page 6 of 7

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 999 on Mon May 10, 2021 1:02 am

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest