FAX: Unkown Status

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by tjm » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:09 am
I tried a couple of times to Send A Fax to a number that I have previously sent a FAX to and am now getting failures sending with "Unknown Status". Anyone Sonic able to provide more insight into the error status? I've been very please with Send A FAX over the years in satisfying my infrequent need to send a FAX.
by drew.phillips » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:04 am
Hi tjm,

I attempted to call the number that the failed faxes were sent to and it is plays a message saying the number "non-working" and gives an alternate "888" number to call for assistance. I would suggest calling the old fax number from a voice line to get the assistance number and see if they have a new number to send the faxes to.

I tried to see why the best we could report was "Unknown Status" and log shows the call went from "ringing", to "answered", to "hangup" showing the remote end terminated the call normally with no indication it was voice or fax. After 5 attempts with the same result it gave up. In this case, there wasn't anything concrete enough to give a more informative status message.

Hope this helps!
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by tjm » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:09 pm
Thanks Drew for the quick response. Looks like I had a typo in the FAX number. Might be nice to have a better status in this case, but the service still works great!
3 posts Page 1 of 1