Invalid ECM response received from receiver

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by patois » Tue May 08, 2012 6:53 pm
When I try to send a fax I receive the above message. Can you tell me what an ECM response is and if it something that can be fixed on my end?
Thanks
by patois » Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 pm
Anyone???
by joemuller » Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 pm
I'm not sure, but perhaps the error is referring to Error Correction Mode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_correction_mode)? Are you sending a fax from the Send a Fax tool or via an actual fax machine?
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by patois » Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm
Sorry I was not clear, I was sending from Sonic.net's Send a Fax tool, to a real fax machine. Thanks for the wiki info. I thought that ECM was maybe a Sonic thing or I would have probably looked in Wikipedia myself. Thanks again for the help.
by kgc » Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm
This means that we negotiated ECM with the receiver but then encountered a fatal error. Basically this means that our fax system isn't compatible with theirs. One option for us is to disable ECM and try again when we encounter an ECM issue like this. I'll consider adding this next time I'm working on the outbound faxing system. In the meantime, the only practical solution will be to send a fax by some other means. Do you know what kind of fax machine is on the receiving end?
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
5 posts Page 1 of 1