not receiving faxes

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by shelly » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 pm
I just discovered the fax option - very cool but when I tested it - I have not received any faxes. I've checked all the spam folders but nothing is there. Can you help please?

Thanks!
by kgc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm
Shelly, it appears that your faxline was allocated a number that is currently ported away from us. This is clearly in error and we're looking into what might have caused that problem. In any case, please go back to the tools, delete and then add a new line. Sorry for the trouble.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by shelly » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 pm
ok thanks
by wwpints » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 am
I've seen you've had a number of entries on this subject: per the fax log I have about a 50% success rate receiving faxes over the last 6 months. I haven't been able to identify a pattern at this end.
Just want to let you know.
Cheers.
by shelly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 am
so is it fair to say that this fax lab is not a reliable service for a business at this point? Still a cool feature to have tho.
by wwpints » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:15 am
Not so much for business, but great for handing out to women I meet in bars: I call it retro roulette texting.
by kgc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 am
We've recently made some changes to the service that should have increased the success rate of inbound faxes. One of the problems is that it is hard to tell by looking at the logs alone what amounts to a failed fax vs a call that wouldn't have ever succeeded in the first place. There are, however, clearly cases where certain senders are not able to successfully transmit a fax to us.

The raw numbers don't look so good with about 65% of inbound calls resulting in a successful fax but one you start factoring in successful retries, single attempts from 'Wireless Caller' and so on it starts to look closer to 90%. If faxes are a mission critical part of your business you probably wouldn't want to throw you fax machine away just yet, or keep it around as a backup when a specific sender can't get a fax through.

Outbound faxing, on the other hand, works great, apart from the occasional issue converting pdf's to a faxable format.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
7 posts Page 1 of 1