IPV6 Disabled On Sonic Modem

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Skillz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 pm
Hi,

I currently have a sonic modem (Pace PLC 5268AC) for our business
Serial Number: 16161N060765
Hardware Version: 260-2173300
Software Version: 10.5.4.527511-sonic

When checking member tools it shows that I don't have a compatible modem, I do as looking at the forum multiple users with my exact same setup were able to do it.

Message I see "We're sorry, but we were unable to find a supported managed IPv6 capable modem associated with this service address. If you are currently renting a modem and believe this to be in error, please contact Support"

Support just redirects me here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
by Skillz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:24 pm
Also forgot to mention that this is the dsl not fiber connection
by skillzinc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:48 pm
Checking from the forums it seems as if its possible to downgrade the firmware and get the ipv6 capability back... Going to attempt this.
by neg12roni » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:05 pm
I wanted to ask, was anyone made aware that this was being removed?
by citylife650 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:36 am
No i did not get the memo! I am in the same situation of you guys! No more Ipv6 capability... We did upgraded for fusion 2x with two differents lines for our xbox getting more faster! But now after we upgraded, we loose that ipv6 tools and also the costumers services redirect us in here.... A forum! Incapable to help me the technicien answer to me and telling me that they don't have training for that?!
by neg12roni » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:59 pm
As suspected...we weren't given notification. We had no IPV6 then we had this crippled but still something 6rd then they took that away with nothing to replace it.

And they can't support you to even answer that question. Pitiful.

I called asking about the VLAN and Cascaded Router functions a couple of weeks back and they said they don't support that...even though it's on their RG....wow, service is really deteriorating. Now that I'm on a full price tier after my first year, I've not seen any IPV6, they have a very poor excuse for a Gateway that they don't support and they charge $10 monthly for and my Wireless speed is only 250Mbps max.....this is becoming not worth it.
by kg13 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:45 pm
Where is the info to downgrade it? I tried to search but i cant.
7 posts Page 1 of 1