Beta hardware trial

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by neg12roni » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:01 pm
At one point I remember seeing there was a trial of possibly some new equipment for Fiber customers. If that happened or is happening I'm sure there are a lot of customers interested to hear what's being tested and how it's going.

I submitted my name as a tester but never heard anything back either way.

Any updates for us?

thanks!
by dane » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm
I think that was testing of a new residential gateway/WiFi router. That's now in general deployment for customers - but there's no difference between the two units, they've got equivalent 802.11AC WiFi and gigabit wire-speed Ethernet performance.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by danielg4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm
I remember that announcement. It was deleted as soon as the beta had enough people. I happen to remember the hardware mentioned in the announcement, too:
https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/SmartRG_SR515ac
by miken » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm
neg12roni wrote:I submitted my name as a tester but never heard anything back either way.
We got all the volunteers we needed pretty quickly. I thought I had messaged everyone back who had shown interest, but I must have missed you. That one's my fault! :oops:
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1