VPN software trouble under Windows 7

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by dane » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 pm
On my 32 bit Win7 system, when I install the Cisco VPN client, the system loses the ability to obtain and IP and network. Ping yields: "transmit failed. General failure." Uninstallation of the client fixes the issue, as clearly shown by a constant ping going - failure, failure, failure (uninstall almost complete) ping reply, reply, reply!

Has anyone got the Sonic.net/Cisco VNP client working under Win7? Any tips or tricks?

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 am
I have it working on Win 7 Pro/64 with no problem. I did the standard install.

Do you use Win 7 Home? I know its networking capabilities are limited compared to the business versions of Win 7.

Not only does the Cisco VPN client offered by Sonic.net work with the Sonic.net profile, but I also can use it to connect to my employer's LAN using profiles provided by the IT department.

Occasionally, I will get a zombie VPN connection to my employer's LAN (meaning no throughput through the VPN tunnel), but a disconnect and reconnect (without exiting the client) solves the problem.
by aw » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 am
Are you running the client as administrator? I don't have to do that with the Cisco client myself, but the OpenVPN client requires this. Might be something to try?
3 posts Page 1 of 1