Time to send a fax

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by tjm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 pm
I just tried out the FAX service today. Several hours after submitting it, it is still showing as in in-queue. How long should it reasonably take before it gets sent?
by kgc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm
Not that long! The inbound fax queue got wedged on one of the servers in the fax cluster. Better monitoring of the fax application (queue states, etc) is on the list of things to add to the system along with improving the send queue behavior to favor jobs that haven't been tried yet over those that have already failed at least once.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by tjm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 am
kgc wrote:Not that long! The inbound fax queue got wedged on one of the servers in the fax cluster. Better monitoring of the fax application (queue states, etc) is on the list of things to add to the system along with improving the send queue behavior to favor jobs that haven't been tried yet over those that have already failed at least once.
Looks like it went through fine once I got the correct FAX number. Thanks for unwedging the queue.
by glickmanvoice » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:40 pm
Hello,

I'm having this same issue. My fax has been in queue for a full day now. Can anyone help?
by drew.phillips » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm
glickmanvoice wrote:Hello,

I'm having this same issue. My fax has been in queue for a full day now. Can anyone help?
Hi,

Sorry for the trouble! It looks like the input queue for faxes on one of our servers was stuck. I've gone ahead and restarted it and it appears to be working. Apologies as I didn't catch cancelling your job in time so it sent twice.

Thank you for the heads up! We'll take a look at the monitor and see why it didn't catch this hangup.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by amgamez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:57 pm
First, I tried to send a fax at about 2:00 PM.I had a filing deadline of 4:00PM.

I waited for it to load. It kept disappearing. So I loaded again and watched it load. Finally, an error message flashed up very briefly that said the fax could not be more than 50 pages long. !!!!! I had never seen that before. The files size is not very large. It was about 8.6.

So I broke it up into four smaller faxes. I got them all transmitting at about 3:30pm. 6.5 hours later they are still "transmitting". I called tech support today. I had 23 minutes left to get this fax in. I asked if there was anything to do to get the faxes to go through. Totally unhelpful. To an amazing degree, unhelpful. His answer was basically, I dunno. I had to ask him to ask someone else who might know. Uh, ok. Extremely frustrating episode. Huge disappointment.
6 posts Page 1 of 1