FAX upload broken

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by robpollock » Fri May 05, 2017 1:31 pm
When I try to upload it I get:

PDF Error: TCPDF_PARSER ERROR: Invalid object reference: Array

please fix!
by drew.phillips » Fri May 05, 2017 2:37 pm
Sorry for the error you're getting uploading the PDF. Do you by chance know what software produced that PDF? That error typically means something is structurally missing from the document, though most PDF viewers will handle this.

A temporary workaround you can try if you have Google Chrome Browser would be to open the PDF in your browser and then print it from Chrome. When it asks what printer to use, select PDF and then choose another output file. Chrome will re-create and re-encode the PDF using a newer PDF spec and likely won't contain the object reference errors.

If the document doesn't contain any sensitive information and you would like to send it for analysis feel free to PM me and I can give you my contact info to send it. I don't yet have a document with this error for testing which could prove helpful.

I'll also create a task to look into another solution that can better handle these errors.

Thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by robpollock » Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm
software that produced the image is:

HP 6830 OfficeJet Pro to Firefox 53.0 (64-bit) on
Linux ( System: Host: Beluga Kernel: 4.4.0-64-lowlatency x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3
Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial )

The file looks fine to Document Viewer 3.182 AND Master PDF Editor 4 under the same OS.

When it was in "Master PDF Editor 4" I saved it as filename2,pdf and the upload worked..
The retry of filename.pdf still failed. so Firefox is Broken?? It worked fine last week.
by drew.phillips » Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 am
It's more likely the PDF rendering software in the HP if you were using WebScan to scan the document from your browser.

It sounds like when you saved the original as filename2.pdf in Master PDF Editor that fixed the issue (because it probably recreated the entire document on save).

Our PDF parser is really sensitive to errors unlike PDF viewers. I have a fix for this and should have it ready by week's end. Thank you for the report!
Drew Phillips
by drew.phillips » Mon May 08, 2017 12:48 pm
Got to this much sooner. The fix is in place now which should resolve the issues with some documents returning that reference error.
Drew Phillips
5 posts Page 1 of 1