Cover letter "lost"

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by joem845 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:26 pm
I used your service too send a fax from 650-716-4744 to 888-643-9628 at 14:37 PST on 2/28/17 with the option to include cover letter. I did not copy down the content of the cover letter before I sent the fax. The option to "View Sent Faxes” only shows me some of the metadata and does not show the actual fax. The confirmation email shows subject, from name, to name, and “cover_letter:1” There is nothing about the text of the cover letter.

Is there any way I can see the contents of the “cover letter” portion of the fax?

Longer term: Could there be an option to include the cover letter text in the confirmation email? There is a possibility that “cover_letter:1” is an anomie with the reporting software picking up "true" rather than the text because the other fields shown already indicate that there was a cover letter.

Thanks,

Joe
by parker_day » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:38 pm
I know it's not what you asked, but your post made me curious what the Sonic fax cover letter looks like. Here it is:

by joem845 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm
Other than the fax, did you get anything -- or could you find anything -- that confirmed the text "Let's see what the cover letter looks like!"

Just to be clear, I am only talking about a confirmation to the sender. I have no reason to believe that the cover letter was not part of the sent fax.
by parker_day » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:50 pm
No, there doesn't seem to be a way to see the cover letter contents.
by joem845 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:02 pm
Thanks. That is what I thought, but I have missed things before.
5 posts Page 1 of 1