Fax failures

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by ernie@sonic.net » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm
I'm developing software for a client to allow them to send faxes from their intraweb. I have two faxlines at Sonic to use for testing.

The faxes aren't arriving in my email. For one of the lines, the client's fax service reports a successful transmission, but I didn't receive it and there's no entry in my Sonic fax log. For the other it reports failure with no further details.

I've verified that both lines ring a fax tone when I dial them.

I see this has been posted about in the forums before, but the response has been that Lab features aren't supported. Since there's still a need for faxing documents, maybe it's time to get faxing out of beta and fix any bugs.
by mediahound » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:29 pm
I haven't been able to send a fax without errors also. I wonder if the service even works.
by joemuller » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 pm
Ernie,

Can you send me a private message with the approximate date and time of a failed fax?

For faxline number xxx-xxx-6035:
- 1 failed receive on March 7th at 3:35pm. The likely cause is a voice protocol/routing issue between the voice provider and Sonic, though we would need a fresh example to confirm. Having the sender disable compression and/or speed will result in a more reliable transmission if a digital/VOIP circuit being used to deliver the call.
- 1 successful delivery to your address on March 7th around 3:45pm

No calls were logged to faxline number xxx-xxx-5123.

I'll be happy to troubleshoot further with you.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by ernie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:24 pm
Thanks. I'll be testing again tomorrow and I'll record the details.
4 posts Page 1 of 1