fax service

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
24 posts Page 3 of 3
by Jennie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm
Hello,

I have a few questions. First can we set up each fax number to go to our company email addresses? Second, If an employee leaves the company can we then change the email that the faxes will go to? Third, Can we get faxes forwarded from an existing At&t fax number? Lastly, how do we fax out? Thanks!
by dane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm
When you add each FAX number, you will configure an email address that you'd like it to be delivered to. You can update these at any time in the future.

We are not offering porting in of existing numbers, sorry!

To FAX out, use the Member Tools link on the left side of the Sonic.net home page, login (as the main account or any mailbox account which you've created for a staff member), then select "Labs" and "Send a FAX".

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jennie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:46 pm
I can't have faxes forwarded even if I keep the account at AT&T?
by dane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:51 pm
The AT&T line is an AT&T line; a good old fashioned telephone line. We are not porting numbers in to the FaxLine service, so we cannot take this line over.

One workaround: you could set up a new FaxLine number, then set up call-forwarding on the AT&T line and forward it to your newly assigned FaxLine. It would be a drag to pay AT&T for a line that's simply forwarded, so do talk to them about how cheap they can make this for you, but that's a solution.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
24 posts Page 3 of 3