New Pace 5268AC firmware appears to have disabled IPv6

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by mpadams1981 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 am
I had gotten the IPv6 firmware loaded a few months ago, and it has been working fine. Overnight, the router received new firmware, and my IPv6 access is off now. Is there a way me and others can get it turned back on again?

New firmware version: 10.5.4.527314-sonic
by amayfield » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:38 pm
Thank you for reporting this! That is definitely not intended behavior, I've manually re-enabled IPv6 for you. We're investigating this bug and running an audit to determine how many folks this has affected and take steps to re-enable IPv6 for them.

Anybody reading this who wants IPv6 enabled immediately you can manually do so in Member Tools by doing the following:

1. Log in to Member Tools (members.sonic.net) using your Sonic log in credentials (username / password)
2. Navigate to Internet Connections
3. Select the Fusion IPv6 Tool
4. Click on Enable IPv6 under Configuration Options
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by mpadams1981 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 am
I see its back on my modem now. Thank you! :)
by amayfield » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 am
You're welcome!
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by smjones » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 pm
I recently upgraded to Fusion DSL X2, and noticed the same thing in the 5268AC that was shipped to me last week. In that case the firmware ended in (I think) ...287-sonic. I called support today, and after making me do a factory reset they allowed as how, yes, perhaps what you're seeing is not a hallucination and something was changed in the more recent firmware...

They pushed ...153-sonic down to the Pace box, and after a restart I had the IPv6 options.

If you receive a 5268AC in the next couple weeks and don't see what you expect for IPv6 options, be sure to check your firmware version against what's in this thread. There's probably an inventory to go through before Pace or whoever pre-loads the Sonic-specific firmware will be using a corrected version.
Sonic DSL customer since 2005; previously Speakeasy, PSI (ISDN), back to 24x7 dialup PPP in 1994...
by jrhello » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:58 pm
is there a 5268ac fix for the latest round of unauthorized wi-fi printer use where unwanted messages print on printer?
by Littlewoof » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 pm
I have the same Pace modem with dual DSL and my IPv6 was working fine and now I can't get it to enable in support tools and support will not help me. Hope that you can assist me in getting IPv6 turned back on. Thank you
7 posts Page 1 of 1