Fax Issues: PDF is transmitted as blank sheet; Change Confirmation Email

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Lucylaw » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:51 am
Does anyone have solutions to these two fax problems:

1. I scanned as PDF a file that consisted of a Word document and form printed on blue paper. Both are clearly visible when I open the PDF. I downloaded the file and faxed it. The transmitted fax shows the page that is a pdf of the Word document, but the other document is transmitted as a blank sheet.

2. Is there a way to change the confirmation email for transmitted faxes in the system? Currently the system shows a default sonic email for me, and I have to change that to my own email address each time I send a fax.

Thanks in advance!
by virtualmike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 pm
I can't answer #1, but for #2, if you choose to use a cover sheet, you're asked for an email address for the confirmation email. The default is the account used to log in, but you can override to any other valid email address.
by drew.phillips » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:35 am
Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the report - I'm looking into the issue with the blank pages. Prior to faxing, the PDF documents are converted to TIFF format, and it's in this process the form pages are getting "lost".

I will post back when I have more information.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by drew.phillips » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:00 pm
Hi Lucy,

Sorry for the delay. We had to do a lot of testing with various versions of the software since the latest versions don't actually convert as well as we'd expect.

I've installed an update that converts a number of test documents I had that resulted in some blank pages properly now.

Feel free to try it again and let me know if it didn't work, otherwise I'm confident what we have now is an improvement and should help going forward.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
4 posts Page 1 of 1