FAX "unknown status"

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:34 pm
I sent a FAX today and the system retried 6 times because the status was "Unknown Status." Our recipient received the FAXes though. Let me know if you would like more info to troubleshoot. My user name, time of FAX, etc.
by drew.phillips » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:22 pm
Hi,

Sorry for letting this go unacknowledged for so long. In testing a new feature I've also observed the same behavior.

Do you by chance recall if the receiving system was a physical fax machine, or a VOIP based or other type of computerized fax receiver (e.g. USB modem)?
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:57 pm
drew.phillips wrote:Do you by chance recall if the receiving system was a physical fax machine, or a VOIP based or other type of computerized fax receiver (e.g. USB modem)?
I'll have to ask and report back.
by Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:50 am
I was told it is a fax service.
by Kara Engelbrecht » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:53 pm
Yes, I have been trying to send a fax since last Friday and each attempt shows "unknown status".
by drew.phillips » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:51 am
Thank you both for your feedback. We're investigating the various causes for miscommunication with some fax devices/services and seeing what can be done to remedy it. Some preliminary details indicate that remote sides are frequently hanging up after fax transmission but before completing the full conversation (so the faxes get sent but we get an early hangup event). There may be a number of other reasons for the failures as well so it's still too early to tell exactly what needs to be done.
Drew Phillips
by drew.phillips » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Some bugs relating to successful fax transmissions have been fixed which I believe includes the issue you were having transmitting.

Some of the test numbers I would use that would appear to fail on our end but were successfully received are now detecting a successful transmission on the first attempt.

Let us know if you continue to have issues. Thanks!
Drew Phillips
by Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:46 pm
Thank you for that. We may not need to send to that fax number for a while.
8 posts Page 1 of 1