"Send A Fax" status "in in-queue"

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by mgrupenhoff » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:40 pm
For about 24 hours a fax I attempted to send using the "Send A Fax" labs feature has had the status "in in-queue". Can something be nudged to get things going again?

Thanks!
by raillard » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:35 pm
Was testing a client's fax machine this afternoon, and bumped into the same problem. My outgoing test seems stuck in the so-called in-queue. I went ahead and sent the same test with an old fax/modem on one of my older computers here, instead. It worked fine! Would love to be able to cancel the Sonic outgoing test fax, but simply advised my client that her phone might ring whenever Sonic gets around to fixing the queue problem. She said she'll close the room door, so that it doesn't wake her up, if it happens to ring during the night. Even though my old fax/modem is not as convenient as Sonic's FaxLine and Send-a-fax service, I may have to switch to it, just to regain some control and stability.
by Guest » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:05 pm
Hmmm.. Having the same problem today. I have a 16 page document that's been stuck in this "in in queue" for about 2 hours now.. I thought it was the page size, but I have successfully sent a larger document before.

Sadly, it seems they never got around to adding the cancel button that was touted as a "good idea" a few years ago. It's still a good idea Sonic! Get on it! :D

And if you could provide *some* feedback as to this "in in queue" issue, that'd be great as well.
by test » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:32 pm
I had the same stuck in in-queue problem today with 2 faxes (1 test fax to myself). I did notice afterwards that I was using a 17.6MB pdf file though. Hopefully a cancel button does get added in the future.
by etcheng777 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:09 am
I have the same problem since Saturday (6/11/2016). I called tech support and they said that they will have the engineers look into it. My faxes are still stuck at the "in-queue" stage.
by Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:16 am
I am having the exact same problem. Has anyone discovered a solution? I contacted tech support and they said fax is not supported and to check the forum...
by drew.phillips » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:10 am
We've started discussing the ability to cancel faxes that are in queue from the member tool. There are a few things ahead of it on the list but I expect we'll begin work on this in the next couple of weeks and hopefully have something out not too long after.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by drew.phillips » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:13 pm
A couple of weeks ago we added the ability to cancel a fax.

You can now cancel a job prior to transmission starting or during the waiting period for failures. It will also allow a job in progress to be cancelled, but won't actually stop the fax transmission in progress; it will only be cancelled if the transmission fails but will prevent additional retries.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
8 posts Page 1 of 1