Windows 10 networking fails on Pace Router

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rudy711 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:23 pm
I posted this in the general forum and was told "Unfortunately, file sharing is considered an advanced feature and we are not able to assist with in as it goes beyond our scope."

What a joke - file sharing is an advanced feature on a modem I'm pay $80 per year in perpetuity to use?
No, it is not an advanced feature - it is a basic feature of a router - to enable networking.

I have a pace 5268AC. Prior to using Sonic, I had my network setup with a TPLINK Archer C8. I have two WIn 7 machines and a Win 10 machine. I have several volumes shared between Win7A and Win10, Win7B had no volumes shared.

When network is comprised on the above 3 pcs and TPLINK Router: All files on Win7A and Win10 by all pcs including Win7B. Everything works fine and as expected.

On the PACE router - Win7B can open files on Win7A and Win10. Win10 cannot open any of the files on Win7A. I can RDP to Win7A from any machine, but cannot access file or printer shares.

There is clearly a problem with the routing capabilities of the PACE router. Please don't give me any advice about changing networking on any of the pcs as they are not the problem since everything works properly on the TPLINK.

SONIC- YOU ARE SO SELF-RIGHTEOUS ABOUT THE MONTHLY FEE - BLAH BLAH BLAH FROM DANE ABOUT WHAT A GOOD DEAL IT IS AND HOW GREAT IT PERFORMS - FINE - PLEASE NOW MAKE THE ROUTER WORK AS ONE WOULD EXPECT FOR PAYING A PREMIUM PRICE.

Regards,
rudy711 Posts: 1Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:50 pm
by dherr » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:43 am
Have you considered using DMZ+, IP passthru, or whichever is offered by the 5268AC?

I don't think it relates to your issue, but my main reason for going to a two router setup was that the Pace did not handle multicast traffic between LAN and WLAN. The point is that once you find a router that works for you then it makes some sense to just keep using it if you can.
by moogra » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:35 pm
You can also try buying your own modem. I have a Zhone 6712 in bridge mode, and it runs cooler and is more stable than the Pace 5168N I replaced (which was always warm to the touch and would crap itself every month). However I'm still paying the rental fee to keep the Pace around as backup in case I need to do troubleshooting on my VDSL with support.
3 posts Page 1 of 1