incoming faxes never received

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by tatere » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:23 am
I haven't actually received a fax since 2012. I see entries in the history since then, but never any pages. Are you sure it's really working?
by dkenglish7 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:54 pm
I get the occasional junk fax (just got one today with a work-at-home scam), so I know mine is working.
by exabab » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:53 pm
Wish I had known about the unreliability of incoming faxes. $25.00 just got wasted on pages sent to me. Shows 0 pages received!

Thanks a lot Sonic.

I received fax pages from this same location a week and a half ago.

Now I have to go through the hassle of trying to get these pages!

Thanks again Sonic.
by system » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:48 pm
Hi:

I also have not been able to receive any faxes received since May 2015.

When a fax is received I see it listed in the "View FaxLine History" list ( https://members.sonic.net/labs/fax_rx//?a=logs ) however I NEVER receive the fax message at any of the configured email addresses. I sent myself another fax this morning (1/27/2016) and once again I never received the email message (with the fax).

I have asked support for assistance and posted several messages in this forum about the problem and Sonic's employees always say "It's in LABS category so it's not supported." Essentially the fax service does not work and they do not fix it.
by joemuller » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 am
We've just rolled out some changes to the FaxLine service which have made it much more reliable and less sensitive to errors in transmission and call-handling.

For anyone who has had trouble receiving faxes on FaxLine, we need your help. Please try to receive a new fax from a number/sender that was failing before - if the fax still does not come through, please let me know either via this forum thread or private message, the following information:

- your account name
- the time and date of the fax
- the phone number of the sender

Thank you to everyone who reported bugs so far!

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by system » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:09 pm
Yes, the changes have solved my fax problems! I can now receive fax messages. Thank you!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1