moving an existing fax (landline)# to eFax service

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by aroma » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:30 am
Hello,

I was wondering if I would be able to use my current land line fax # with your new service, or if I have to pick one of the numbers that are automatically generated?

Our fax # has been the same for 18 years and is published everywhere! I don't want to lose it, but I do want to migrate everything over to the efax service (I already have two users set up).

Thanks, and I hope the answer is yes!

Danielle
Auric Blends
by dane » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:20 pm
No, I'm afraid we don't offer the ability to port in an existing number.

One potential solution: set up a new FaxLine number, then set up call forwarding on your old line to that number. This requires you to retain that line, with at least forwarding, but at least it ends up in the electronic fax.

Now that Fusion includes forwarding, you could do this with Fusion, because you CAN port a number in to Fusion. Maybe this would mean you'll end up with two-line Fusion instead of single-line, but as a bonus you get broadband that is twice as fast, so maybe it's worth the investment. (Of course, this only works if you're in a location where Fusion is available.)

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by artannex » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 pm
I too have a business that has had a fax number since they were first offered and it too is on everything, cards, stationary, website, advertising, etc.

I have 2 lines with Fusion, how do I add my current fax number to my account?

Dan
by dane » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 pm
We don't offer porting in of numbers to the FaxLine service.

You could port your current landline which you use as FAX to landline Fusion, either as one of your two existing lines, or as a new Fusion circuit.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm
Can an existing Fusion number (whether ported to, or assigned directly by, Sonic.net) be converted to a FaxLine #?
by artannex » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am
OK. we got that worked out by forwarding the Sonic fax number to my second line. Now, how can I import the voicemail from my previous carrier, Integra, to my voicemail at Sonic? I was told by Will that I have to contact Integra an have them send them as a file to my computer. How does that work? When I first contacted a sales person at Sonic I was also led to believe that Sonic would bring over everything from my previous carrier, now I am told that that is not true, that I somehow have to get Integra to magically do this.

This changeover has taken hours and hours of my time and energy and we are still a long way from completing it. I am amazed at the lack of understanding of business needs that the support seems to have.

Dan Lienau
The Annex Galleries
www.annexgalleries.com
by dane » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm
Dan,

Can you clarify what you mean by "import the voicemail" - do you mean the actual messages that have been left for you, or the greeting?

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1