Feature requests

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by joem845 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:44 pm
1) Ability to send a fax with a cover sheet only. I tried and nothing happened. I don't know for sure that it failed because I got no feedback.

2) Some sort or error feedback when the user clicks Submit and the fax cannot be sent for some reason.
by kgc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:55 pm
With regards to 2), you should receive a status message upon failure or success of the fax. Maybe it was caught as spam?
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by joem845 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 pm
I got an email for the successful fax. Nothing for the prior two failed attempts.

My guess is that the fax was rejected by your system right after the Submit because I had not selected a document. I don't believe it ever got queued. The fax did not fail; the submission failed without an error message.

These were my first two attempts. At the time I did not know what response to expect for a successful submission, a fialed submission, a successful fax, a failed fax, or the submit click not regisering. My suggestion would be that every click on Submit cause the screen to change somehow to either register the queuing or the rejection.
by kgc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:16 am
joem845 wrote:My guess is that the fax was rejected by your system right after the Submit because I had not selected a document. I don't believe it ever got queued. The fax did not fail; the submission failed without an error message.
First, the tools aren't supposed to allow a submit without a document. (Although the point you make about being able to fax just a cover letter is noted.) Second, the tools should have reported the error from the API when the submission to the fax servers failed.

What browser/os are you using? It sounds like there is a problem with our Javascript.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by joem845 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 am
I am using MSIE 9.0.8112.16421 and FF 7.0.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. Also show Java 6 Update 24 (64) and Jave 6 Update 29 (not sure why the different updates, both installed automatically on 4/8/11). I don't remember which browser I was using on the original submission. I just repeated on both browsers and got the same behavior: 1) Popup saying "Please wait while we process your request"; and then 2) original submission screen with no differences that I can see.

The "Please wait..." popup was visible very briefly. It is possible that I missed it before on the two failures. I did see it on the success submission.
by cboyce » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 pm
The file selection field should now be highlighted if the form is submitted without a valid file selection. Could you try again and see if this change is visible? So far I've been unable to reproduce the problem with the same browser/OS. Thanks for the report!

-Chris
by joem845 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 pm
Chris,

I retested with MSIE 9 and FF 7. I now get feedback when submitting a cover sheet only fax on both. The feedback differs slightly. Both browsers now show a processing pop up for a brief period of time. Both browsers show the messaage "Please select a file". MSIE outlines the file name and the Browse button in red. FF 7 partially outlines the file name slot in red and does nothing on the Submit button. The file name slot looks like it is trying to do both a black outline and a red outline with the black winning in some spots and the red winning in others.

Edit: I went back to FF and zoomed in on the screen after the error. The outline around the file name slot is perfectly rectangular with nicely mitered corners. The top and left sides are a deep red. The bottom and right sides are a pink. It is like it was trying to create a 3D look with the light source coming from the top left. It is probably the same at normal magnification, but the lines are too thin to give the effect.

Joe
by grj » Thu May 17, 2012 2:56 pm
How about 3 line hunting. I have 3 lines for my business and with fusion I can only have 2 lines and the 2nd line won't hunt for the 3 rd line becasue I would have Sonic for lines 1 & 2 and ATT for line 3. Any time frame when you will offer a 3 line business service.
by dane » Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 am
grj wrote:How about 3 line hunting. I have 3 lines for my business and with fusion I can only have 2 lines and the 2nd line won't hunt for the 3 rd line becasue I would have Sonic for lines 1 & 2 and ATT for line 3. Any time frame when you will offer a 3 line business service.
Four to 46 line (two PRI) service is offered today on our FlexLink platform. But, these are all symmetric services, with redundancy and more expensive.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
9 posts Page 1 of 1