Fax attempts yield busy signal

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by emr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:58 pm
I was very excited by this new service and signed up today. My test faxes, from Word and directly from my fax/printer, resulted in a busy signal. Please advise.
by robingabriella » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm
We had same issue reported and that confuses me since the fax number isnt technically a "real number"....?
by virtualmike » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:46 pm
I just tried dialing my FaxLine number from a voice line and immediately got a modem tone. What happens if you call your FaxLine number?
by Dan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:31 pm
I just got a call from a customer who is trying to send me a fax and she is also receiving a busy signal. I just got a fax yesterday and it worked fine. What's up?
by Dan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm
I just got a call from a customer who is trying to send me a fax and she is also receiving a busy signal. I just got a fax yesterday and it worked fine. What's up?
by robingabriella » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 am
I received the modem tone when I called our Fax line.
by dane » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:50 am
We don't think there should be a capacity issue, but perhaps it's happening from time to time. We are looking into it!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by robingabriella » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 am
Thank you!
by kgc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am
To clarify, I'd like to look into this but will need date/time calling and called numbers in order to do so. Without this information I can't attempt to track down any problems - this isn't apparently a widespread issue. These reports can be mailed directly to me or through support@sonic.net.

Thanks!
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by virtualmike » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 pm
I'll note that in the past, I've encountered some cheap fax machines (and fax/modems) that have reported "busy" on the display even though I could hear the receiving fax trying to negotiate a connection. Perhaps these are confused because when dialing a FaxLine number there's no ringback before the tone?
10 posts Page 1 of 1