IPv6 6RD testing

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
85 posts Page 4 of 9
by tomoc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am
Guest wrote:
polpo wrote:Working here with the :28 prefix! Asus RT-N66U with Asus firmware.
I tried both 28 and 32 prefix, not working for me at all. Was able to retrive IPv6 address but IPv6 test and IPv6 website all failed.
What device and settings are you using for 6rd termination? Please specify at least: 6rd prefix, public IPv4 address and 6rd address you acquired.
Just to clarify, does 6rd work on Sonic.net Legacy DSL?
6rd should work through any existing IPv4 connection, as long as you configure it on a device with a public IP (no NAT)
Tomoc
Sonic NOC
by tomoc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:31 am
Guest wrote:This is weird, still can't get it working with those settings tomoc. What's even weirder is that 6 replies above you someone used Tomato firmware and managed to get it working. Yet I'm using Tomato firmware and can't get it working.

Scored 0/10 on IPv6 test. My router did say it obtain an IPv6 address from WAN.
Feel free to post the settings you are using and I will do my best to assist.
Tomoc
Sonic NOC
by Guest » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:58 pm
tomoc wrote:
Guest wrote:This is weird, still can't get it working with those settings tomoc. What's even weirder is that 6 replies above you someone used Tomato firmware and managed to get it working. Yet I'm using Tomato firmware and can't get it working.

All right I got it working. It turns out that while my router can get IPv6 address, my PC couldn't get one from router.

Had to reset TCP/IP by doing this

Code: Select all

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Reboot, then it works. Now I have to figure out how to get GuestOS behind VirtualBox from getting an IPv6 address.
by tomoc » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 pm
Guest wrote:
tomoc wrote:

All right I got it working. It turns out that while my router can get IPv6 address, my PC couldn't get one from router.

Had to reset TCP/IP by doing this

Code: Select all

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Reboot, then it works. Now I have to figure out how to get GuestOS behind VirtualBox from getting an IPv6 address.
Good luck! I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult with a bridged adapter.
Tomoc
Sonic NOC
by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:42 pm
@tomoc

Now that 6rd is coming out, what about IPv6 for the DNS servers? I can't test it b/c I'm using a Pace 4111n (from Sonic) and therefore am unable to change that setting.
by Tom Lee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:59 pm
Hopefully someone can post a working guide on how to get 6rd working in dd-wrt.
by tomoc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:58 pm
Guest wrote:@tomoc

Now that 6rd is coming out, what about IPv6 for the DNS servers? I can't test it b/c I'm using a Pace 4111n (from Sonic) and therefore am unable to change that setting.
Sonic.net's authoritative name servers are v6 enabled ([abc].auth-ns.sonic.net), however at this time, our recursors are not (ns[12].sonic.net). This will be something we address in the future, however for the time being, if you want v6 connected nameservers you need to use something external.
Tomoc
Sonic NOC
by nsmill49 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:17 am
Guest wrote:@tomoc

You could add DNS to the NIC of each computer until Sonic.net has their own ready. I have, in my router:

2001:470:20::2 (Hurricane Electric)
2001:4860:4860::8888 (Google)
2001:4860:4860::8844 (Google)
by geogriffin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:22 pm
6rd with /28 prefix working perfectly! i'm reachable from the outside. though i'm gonna stay mostly with the 6in4 tunnel as its cool to have the reverse dns working and under my control.. are you guys going to do some dynamic PTR translation stuff like embedding ipv6 addresses in domain names like "2602-0244-624c-40d0-0-0-0-1.ipv6.dsl.static.sonic.net"?
by Guest » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 am
It might now be time to ask the golden question - when would the roll-out to Pace 4111n users like me occur?
85 posts Page 4 of 9