New Labs feature: Fusion Line Profile

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
38 posts Page 4 of 4
by rcsheets » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 pm
kgc wrote:most CPE probably provides similar information via the GUI if not over SNMP as well and it should be relatively straight forward to integrate that into a standard stats package.
I hadn't thought of that. I'll play with the modem a bit. Thanks for the idea.
by ankh » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:32 pm
Curious to know if you were able to pull that info out of the modem in any useful form.

EDIT: and should the Sonic-provided Pace modems also have this info stored somewhere??

Same kinds of questions, wish I understood better how this all works. After noticing oddities and asking Support, I just got my line reprofiled and looked that up and learned a good bit from this thread, thanks all.
by fosterm » Sat May 13, 2017 4:53 pm
Bump.
My sonic supplied Pace has zero data for the usage stats. (there is a place on the GUI interface, but they are blank or zeroes). Any chance we can either query the router (i.e., via SNMP or similar) or see usage stats on our Sonic-supplied CPE gear?
by ankh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm
The "Member Tools" link in the original post no longer shows the Fusion Line Profile as an option.

Is it still available? Neighbors on Sonic are having slowdown problems and want to troubleshoot.
by drew.phillips » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:52 pm
ankh wrote:The "Member Tools" link in the original post no longer shows the Fusion Line Profile as an option.

Is it still available? Neighbors on Sonic are having slowdown problems and want to troubleshoot.
It is, but the URL is now https://members.sonic.net/labs/fusion-line-profile/. I've updated the original post as well.

The tool is located under the "Labs" menu when logged in. It only appears for accounts with Fusion service that are eligible to use the tool.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by mwedel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:57 pm
Couple suggestion for the graphs. This only applies for those with 2 lines (X2) service:

1) The scale for the 2 lines should be the same, since (in theory), the line distance and quality should be similar. In my case, on line is synced just a line above 10 mbs, and the other a little below 10 mbs. In case of the first line, the scale is 0-20 mbs, the second line the scale is 0-10 mbs. As such, with a quick glance, the slower line looks faster because the line is higher up in the graph.

2) The bandwidth measurement seems to be per line pair, not per line. So there are 2 graphs at the bottom showing the same thing.
by ankh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:42 pm
Neighbors on Sonic are having slowdown problems and want to troubleshoot.
Those neighbors have only single-line service. Is there a comparable Profile for that?

We're all awaiting fiber, but in the meantime, every little bit helps.
by bcmueller » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:48 am
Is there a similar chart available for Fiber customers?
38 posts Page 4 of 4