mirrors.sonic.net not updating Debian Bookworm

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by joelh » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:04 pm
After a few days of no OS updates, I realized that mirrors.sonic.net isn't updating Debian Bookworm entirely. The file of significance I'm looking at is https://mirrors.sonic.net/debian/dists/ ... /InRelease , which is essentially the index. It hasn't been updated since 1Sep, even though there have been regular upstream deltas that have gotten pushed to other mirrors. You can even see the ChangeLogs in the mirrors directory, but for some reason Release and InRelease haven't gotten their updates.

I haven't looked at other releases or distros.
by joemuller » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:55 pm
Hi Joel,

I've made a few fixes to file permissions and the update script(s) that should hopefully fix any out-of-date Debian Bookworm files. The 'InRelease' file says it's valid through today, so I'll check back tomorrow to make sure it's getting updated.

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by msiegen » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:18 pm
Something is still not quite working: the mirrors.sonic.net file in https://mirrors.sonic.net/debian/project/trace/ was last touched on Sep 1, while some of traces for upstream mirrors are newer.

This file should get updated as the last step of the mirroring operation. It being out of date suggests that the sync is not running all the way to completion.
by joemuller » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 pm
I recommend using another Debian mirror, as Sonic will be retiring our public Debian mirror shortly. We have received very poor support from the Debian mirror team and our requests to be added as an official public mirror were repeatedly ignored.

Please check the official mirror list here for a public mirror that is closest to you.

-- Joe M.
System Operations
Sonic.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by msiegen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:38 pm
Thanks Joe for the advice and the transparency. Sadly I've heard the same about Debian from other mirror operators, so this decision is understandable.
by craig.langman » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:35 pm
I noticed debian mirror down today.

Sorry to read it's retired, but thanks for hosting it til now.
6 posts Page 1 of 1