Accessing additional mailbox in Alpine

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
1 post Page 1 of 1
by boulder » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:00 pm
I have another email mailbox within my account, which I would like to access from Alpine in the shell. Can someone point out to me how to configure Alpine to access the additional mailbox? I presume that I need a separate folder with the IMAP address for that inbox, but haven't gotten it correct yet. Thanks.

EDIT: I finally figured out how to do this. This involved going to Alpine configuration and checking "Enable Incoming Folders Collection", restarting Alpine, going to "Setup/Collection Lists" (not sure if that is necessary), going to the "Folder List/Incoming Folders" and adding a folder. For "Name of server to contain added folder" I used "imap.sonic.net:993/user=username/tls". For "Folder on imap.sonic.net/user... to add", I used INBOX. After the folder was created, I had to go to configuration again to Rules, to set up a Role, so that From: and Reply-To: represented that mailbox name.
1 post Page 1 of 1