Not receiving faxes

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by goldenleaf » Mon May 24, 2021 3:59 pm
Is the efax feature working?
I have not received several faxes and I rely on this feature for my business.
I called Sonic and was told to try this feature.
Please assist.
by joemuller » Tue May 25, 2021 11:54 am
Your FaxLine service should be working - I just made a test call to it from my office phone and was greeted with a standard fax machine tone. As long as the sender's fax machine/service waits for the fax tone before attempting to send, it should show up in the 'View FaxLine History' link in Member Tools (See 'Labs' -> 'FaxLine').

-- Joe M
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by lillyicard » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:33 pm
I'm having the same problem. A fax was sent to me but nothing is in my faxline history.
by joemuller » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:32 pm
Hi Lilly,

I just sent a test fax message to your FaxLine number -- you should have received a copy in your email. I do not see any inbound calls to your FaxLine number this week aside from the ones I used for testing today. Either there is an issue that is causing calls from the sender to not go through to Sonic, or the transmission never occurred.

-- Joe M
by lillyicard » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:14 pm
They said: "We faxed a copy to fax# 650-618-****. Received error message "abandoned after 5 attempts. Results Ringing , no answer." Please confirm the correct fax number to send document to."
by joemuller » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:40 pm
Lilly,

I was unable to find any record of a call connecting to your FaxLine number, so this appears to be a problem with the phone carrier(s) between the sender and Sonic not properly handling the call. The only other advice I have is to try sending a test fax to the sender using the Send-A-Fax tool.

If you want to send me the direct message (use the speech bubble icon under my name) with the full number of the sender, I can attempt to escalate this with our network engineers.

-- Joe M
6 posts Page 1 of 1