Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6) enabled on beta.vpn

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by kevink00 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:53 pm
@wkeller --I hate to ask people if they can upgrade but can you upgrade the opevpn client you're using? This post https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/849 is referencing 2.3.12. My example above is using 2.4.9. It looks like you're using 2.3.4. I've a feeling either pull-filter or those specific pull-filter references weren't adopted until at least 2.3.12.
by wkeller » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:35 pm
@kevink00 I know that my DD-WRT and the OpenVPN that it comes with are quite dated and in need of an update. I've been planning a move from DD-WRT to opnsense. Till then I will likely have to forego VPN.

The OpenVPN on DD-WRT appears to be stripped down a bunch, so even some of the documented options do not actually work. (as an example, no mater what I do, I can not change the --mute setting to anything other then 6).
by faisal » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm
forest wrote:Does this mean VPN clients will have a routable IPv6 address that will accept incoming connections?
I’m curious how or if you’re integrating the current change with your site-to-site VPN setup.
by forest » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:07 pm
faisal wrote:I’m curious how or if you’re integrating the current change with your site-to-site VPN setup.
I'm not using Sonic's IPv6 yet.
by johnpong » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:47 pm
pull-filter is working for me using asuswrt merlin 384.4_2
by macmaxbh » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:55 pm
Gravedigging a bit but I happened to be a place where my IPv4 connectivity was broken but my IPv6 connectivity worked and was hoping I could use the beta VPN to get working internet; but unfortunately while beta.vpn does have an AAAA address (although I didn't seem to be able to load the web interface over it) the OpenVPN configuration itself was still IPv4-only (no proto udp6 or dev tun-ipv6 entries).

Understand that this change was to add dual stack on the outgoing end so VPN users would get both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses but was curious as to whether there were any plans/thoughts around enabling IPv6-based ingress to the VPN (and didn't see any discussion about it earlier on the thread)?
16 posts Page 2 of 2