SSH access

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by lduggan9 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:53 pm
I am knee deep in trying to follow the instructions to update my database password to new format. but I am stuck at the first step of connecting to sh.sonic.net. It does not accept my password. I am using "Terminal" from a mac, and I type
ssh sh.sonic.net
Then it prompts me for a password and has a little key symbol. I type in the same password I use to access my sonic account, and it simply comes back and requests the password again.

Can anyone help?

(By the way, I'm doing this despite the fact that the instructions on the PHP update said, "You can change your database password with the member tools... I find no such tool in the member area at all, except to change my login.)

Thanks.

** UPDATE: Thanks Sonic... I found out I was not using my correct log in name. I don't know how to delete this thread. Thanks.
by dct » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:57 am
Glad you were able to get logged in! We'll leave this post up for posterity, just in case someone else runs into the same issue at any point. Let us know if there's anything we can assist with moving forward!
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1