fax failing

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by cmeisel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:09 am
I am trying to send a fax (pdf file) and it always worked before but now I always get: conversion failed
Any idea what this means ?
by cmeisel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:26 am
I was able to send without any issue using another eras service so the problem is sonic since I tried there 5-6 times and the other service worked 1 min later with one attempt. It was not under my private sonic but company. If you want to know what attempts, numbers, accounts info, happy to share
by mediahound » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:19 pm
What's the deal with the fax service?

Today I tried to send a fax to a known good fax number and it failed with an 'unknown error'.

Is it too much to ask that Sonic keep a reliable service?

I get that faxing is likely not something often used, but Sonic built the feature, why let it get so unreliable?
by digit » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:25 pm
I was counting on this too. It doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it used to, say in 2013/2014.

I can't use the fax modem on my computer as a back-up because the Sonic phone line (which I have no choice but to pay for) doesn't work as an analog phone line.

To be honest, I don't even know how to get the phone line to work at all anymore. I used to just be able to plug in a phone, but since the switch to fiber that doesn't work.

So if I can't fax through the fax service, and I can't fax through the "phone line" (which I pay the monthly fee for, but have never used), I'm officially a Frustrated Customer.

I contacted support about the fax failing last week but they never responded.
by mediahound » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:41 pm
digit wrote:I was counting on this too. It doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it used to, say in 2013/2014.

I can't use the fax modem on my computer as a back-up because the Sonic phone line (which I have no choice but to pay for) doesn't work as an analog phone line.

To be honest, I don't even know how to get the phone line to work at all anymore. I used to just be able to plug in a phone, but since the switch to fiber that doesn't work.

So if I can't fax through the fax service, and I can't fax through the "phone line" (which I pay the monthly fee for, but have never used), I'm officially a Frustrated Customer.

I contacted support about the fax failing last week but they never responded.

It started working again for me after my post, but maybe it’s unreliable.
by digit » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:45 pm
It started working again for me after my post, but maybe it’s unreliable.
Thanks — this inspired me to try again after it was failing last week. But it's still failing.

I could use some tips from Sonic: is my 1 MB PDF file too big? Should I try it without the cover page? Anything? Nothing? Hmm.

All I get is this: "Waiting to retry (Last Error: Unknown Status)"

And then after a series of retries, "failed Unknown Status"

Oh well...
by digit » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:52 am
Oh well...
Aaaand it went through at 8:45pm! Thank you forum gods!
by pkaeding » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:01 pm
I'm having trouble today as well. But, I will keep trying. I came here to see if they had abandoned the fax service or something (I realize it is a labs feature, so they make no promises)
by digitalbitstream » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 pm
I have a Brother MFC all in one. I send may be one fax a quarter, but it's always worked, even after the switch to fiber.
Now I can't fax at all. The phone rings, I hear the tones, but nothing connects.

Who has fiber and can fax? Can't fax?
by ngufra » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:13 pm
Instead of faxing from your brother device, have you tried faxing through the sonic labs fax service?
I have not used it recently but it has usually been reliable though not officially supported.
10 posts Page 1 of 1