OpenVPN down 2/8/20

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by tangof » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 pm
Uh, this will be embarrassing, but for the average technical capable (or incapable for that matter) how does one set up the beta server?

Is there a client download with which I would replace the current regular client. Sorry for asking such a basic question here.

Thanks
by js9erfan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:55 pm
Is there a client download with which I would replace the current regular client.
Download your .ovpn file from https://beta.vpn.sonic.net/ and then import it into your existing OpenVPN client. If successful the client should now list both Sonic server profiles which you can choose from.
by tangof » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 pm
js9erfan,

it worked!!! Thanks a million for the instructions!

Good way to start the week ;)

Thanks again.
by cdkeen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:39 pm
We are working on improving our monitoring of the VPN service to reduce the downtime when a problem does occur as well as working directly with openvpn support to address the issues we are experiencing. Sorry for the inconvenience these issues may have caused so far.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by mediahound » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:47 am
kolohe wrote:It's frustrating for those of us with our entire network on the VPN since we're using AT&T lines. My household has been bitching about the lack of TV. I wish Dane would just give us a heads up on why there's been so many VPN outages.
I believe @dane has said in the past that AT&T's agreement with Sonic is that it's a direct connect line and not supposed to be tracked, at least with the Fusion FTTN service.
15 posts Page 2 of 2